Fats are an essential part of our diet, but too much and the wrong types of fats can be harmful to our health. It is a good idea to look for oils that have healthier fat compositions and have higher antioxidant levels.
You should try to avoid burning your food or overheating oil. When oil gets too hot it produces smoke and toxic compounds and at high temperatures health benefits of the oil diminish.
Alfa One Brown Rice Oil can be heated to high temperatures, which makes it easier to avoid toxic compounds, burning your food and smoking out your kitchen.
Why is Alfa One Brown Rice Oil Healthy?
Alfa One Brown Rice Oil has ten contains ten times more natural antioxidants than any other cooking oil* and twice as many antioxidants as Alfa One Rice Bran Oil.
This is because Alfa One Brown Rice Oil is made from the most the first press of nutritious part of brown rice grains, the bran and germ which are inherently high in natural antioxidants such has Vitamin E and Oryzanol.
Alfa One Brown Rice Oil is suitable for cooking at high temperatures. This means less burning and mess to clean up in your pan, not to mention less smoke in your kitchen.
Are All Fats The Same?
Oils are all 100% fat, but the type of fat in each type of oil varies. Some fat types are better for us than others and some should be avoided completely.
Alfa One has Brown Rice Oil has a balanced fatty acid composition which means that it has moderate levels of saturated fat (23%), and polyunsaturated fats (35%) with a predominance of monounsaturated fat (42%). And Alfa One Brown Rice Oil contains virtually no trans fats.
- Trans fats are the most harmful: they raise LDL-cholesterol (the bad one you want less of), and decrease HDL-cholesterol (the good one you want to have)
- Trans fats occur naturally in meat and dairy products in small amounts. They are also formed by the hydrogenation of oils. In this process hydrogen is added to oil to make them harder so they can be used in the production of spread
- Saturated fat is found in high levels in red meats and red meat products, dairy products, and solid oils (such as palm oil and coconut oil)
- Too much saturated fat can cause the body to make more cholesterol
Mono and Poly-unsaturated Fats
- Monounsaturated fat is found in plant oils such as rice bran, brown rice, olive, canola and peanut oil
- Polyunsaturated fats are also found in plant oils and some fish
Oils start to lose their health benefits when they get too hot. Alfa One Brown Rice Oil can be heated to higher temperatures than other oils, which means that the health benefits of the oil remain even at high temperatures.
If your oil is starting to smoke then antioxidant levels are greatly reduced.
It is important to try not to burn your oil or food as this produces toxic compounds in your food and smoke in your kitchen.
Aim to sear the outside of your food as this will seal in flavours and result in more moist food. Searing your food also helps to stop food soaking up extra oil.
If you are deep frying allow your food to drain for a couple of minutes and remove any excess oil with paper towels.
If you are trying to minimize your oil usage see Alfa One 100% Pure Rice Bran Oil Spray.
See How Do I Use It for more cooking tips.
Watching your Cholesterol?
Like all vegetable oils Alfa One Brown Rice Oil contains no cholesterol. If you are concerned about your cholesterol levels we recommend using Alfa One Rice Bran Oil Spread which has even higher levels of Oryzanol. Alfa One Rice Bran Oil has been shown to help reduce cholesterol absorption.